xc530 Upgrade – the York Active 120 2-in-1 cycle cross trainer
The York Active 120 supersedes the XC530 as York’s top level 2-in-1 exercise bike and elliptical cross trainer. For a comparison with other 2 in 1 machines, click here.
The York Active 120 2-in-1 Cycle Cross Trainer is one of the most popular 2 in 1 cross trainer exercise bikes on the market. It is similar to the XC530, ay a similar price – if anything, it is a slight upgrade.
It is well made and sturdy, as you’d expect from York Fitness, having a boxed weight of 49Kg. It is also quiet in use making it useable even when watching TV. A heavy 7Kg flywheel makes for a smooth motion. There is a maximum user weight of 110Kg, (over 240lbs or more than 17 stone in old money). There are wheels to enable moving the assembled machine around. It has both fixed handlebars, which have hand pulse sensors, and moving handles for use as a cross trainer. It also has a useful drinks bottle holder.
There is a large, 5.75” mains operated LCD console displaying all of the usual information, including pulse, time, distance calories etc. There are 16 levels of magnetic resistance, twice as many as some at this level and 17 workout programmes, including 12 pre-set settings. The stride length is only 12” which makes it more suitable for users who are not too tall. (If you are on the tall side, check out this machine).
Some buyers’ comments:
- “It came very well packed with clear assembly instructions. Took about 3/4 hr to assemble and get working.”
- “it is so quiet I can still use it while the whole family watches TV”
- “The preset programs are great. Thoroughly enjoyable way to work out in your own home. Love it.”
- 16 levels of magnetic resistance
- give a great workout whatever your fitness level
- tailor your workout to you mood – make it harder or easier
- simulate varied terrain such as hills
- 17 Programmes12 pre-set – makes choosing a workout easier
- 3 HRC (Heart- rate Control) – for the ultimate cardio workouts
- 1 user programme – for a specific workout regime of your choice
- 1 manual – Just get on it & go – Ideal for a quick, no frills, session.
- 12” Stride length – ideally for slightly shorter users
As I own the predecessor of this machine, which I still use on a daily basis, I can easily see why the York Active 120 2-in-1 is so highly recommended.